If you happen to follow me on Twitter, you may remember a recent announcement that I was lucky enough to win a copy of Bill Shapiro’s Other People’s Rejection Letters. This is a hilarious collection of real rejection letters that range from the personal to the professional and everywhere in between. The book includes letters from Princeton, Playboy, The New York Times and more.
Well, the book just arrived and let me tell you, it is just beautiful!
People who know me are aware that, usually, I like to do most of my reading on my Kindle. This book, however, is absolutely exquisite and I am so glad I didn’t miss it in print. It is a beautiful hardcover with pages printed on lovely, thick stock. And the printing? Delightful! There are gorgeously reproduced letterheads and on some of the pages, the crease lines from where the letters were folded are even evident. And, not only does it look good, it’s funny, too!
Are you drooling yet?
How about if I told you that, thanks to the kind folks at Crown Publishing, I have a copy to give away to some lucky reader of this blog? And all you have to do to enter is leave me a comment telling me you want to enter the contest.
Here’s the rules:
- Enter a comment letting me know you that want to enter between now and Midnight Pacific time on June 3rd, 2010.
- Sorry, but you must be a resident of the United States or Canada in order to participate.
- I will use a random number generator to choose the winner.
- The decisions of the judge (Me!) is final.
- I will announce the winner on the afternoon of Friday, June 4, 2010.
It’s as simple as that! And in the meantime? I’m gonna go read my new book! 🙂