I finally finished my marathon read of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan. My reading binge was inspired by a snarky comment in The New Yorker piece, The Percy Jackson Problem. I can definitively say that these books do not “repel” adults. 🙂
Last night I finally got to start reading Teresa Frohock’s new novella, The Broken Road. I have been looking forward to this as she is one of my favorite authors. Her Miserere never leaves my Kindle, I re-read it so often.
I have been trying really hard not to buy any new books — at least, not until I have cleared off some of the finished books off of my Paperwhite. Notice that I said trying. A few came my way that I just couldn’t resist buying and adding to the TBR pile.
- Fool’s Ride (The Jenkins Cycle Book 2), the sequel to John L. Monk’s Kick (The Jenkins Cycle Book 1).
- Who is Dell Zero? by Carol Ervin, a dystopian that sound really interesting. The writing style in the sample was just lovely….
- Ice Cold: A Rizzoli & Isles Novel by Tess Gerritsen. I like both the novels and the TV show. This one was a special for only $1.99.
- Penny Dreadful Multipacks, Volume 4 and Volume 5, which were free. I like to keep anthologies and short stories on hand as they are great to read before bed.
- Keith C Blackmore finally released the latest in one of my favorite zombie series: Well Fed (Mountain Man Book 4). The book debuted on November 20, 2014.
Yes, that is me not buying books…. You should see me on a spree, LOL!
I am still trying to find the time to re-read the Senyaza series by Chrysoula Tzavelas. I just got her latest, Wolf Interval, from her recent Kickstarter. Since it has been a while since I read the earlier books, I want to start with Matchbox Girls and re-read them all the way through.